Friday, 26 November 2010

Craftaganza Day 2

Well the extra snow that we thought was coming overnight didn't but I'm not complaining about that.  After breakfast it was back to class.  Here's another of the cards that we made.  I'm entering this one into challenges at:
Totally Papercrafts - non traditional Christmas
PaperCutz - anything goes
CASE study - challenge #16


Here's my one of my workshops of the second day.  I did teach two more workshops but forgot to get my camera out - sorry girls, I feel really bad.




Friday evening is party night and we all have dinner at the same time, with a table quiz for the delegates.  This year we also had a very special guest, the very lovely Leonie Pujol.  She really is a delight to have at an event and her after dinner speech was inspiring and just too funny.


I work for the greatest people - here's Sara and her husband Simon.



Craftaganza wouldn't happen without Meg.  Here she is with our jewellery teachers, Carolyn, Sarah and Margaret and one of loveliest delegates, Leslie.
 

During the evening we give out awards for things like the smiliest crafter, the tidiest crafter and lots more, which we love doing.  What also happened is that the delegatesmanaged to surprise us and presented us with the most beautiful flowers.  Thank you to everyone, they're gorgeous.
Then Leslie had a present for Sara, a plaque celebrating Crafter's Companion 5th Birthday.  All this loveliness was too much for me and I got more than a little misty!


Leonie, Sara and I having a great evening.
 

As there was still rather a lot of snow we stayed over again.  This time I had my suitcase as Kam had brought it up in the day - phew.  It did mean a few wines and a little Baileys - we drank the bar dry of that!  The outcome of the night was trying on a different dress (thanks Kay) and sitting on top of the bar!  I blame Carol!


Bed beckoned about 3:30am (or so I was told!).  I'll still be bright and breezy in the morning, so another brilliant day with lots of lovely people.
xxx

3 comments:

Katina said...

Fab! xx

Jean Martin said...

What an adorable card! Great colors! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very, very cute, Claire! Gorgeous creation, thank you for sharing with us at CASE Study!

Stat counter


View My Stats