Thursday, 4 November 2010

A day of friends

I've had a fabulous day at the NEC and met lots of lovely people and a few of my favourite friends too, Anna, Sarah and Anne-Marie to mention just a few.  I even get to see some of my lovely customers here, Jackie, Mandy, Debbie and maybe a few new customers.  Also a massive thank you to my lovely friend from up north who bought me a gorgeous poppy pin.  It will sit beautifully next to the gorgeous Buckley Poppy pin that I've bought this year to remember all of our fallen, especially Harvey.



So what could make today any better, dinner at Loch Fyne in Knowle with Anna and what better way than to start than with a glass of something sparkly.


For mains I went for the Moules Marienere and Anna went for the grilled prawns, totally delicious.




A big thank you to the chap at the next table (who was out for dinner with his lovely lady and their 5 day old baby, who was as good as gold) who took this photo of the both of us.


After dinner we went our separate ways.


I was going to meet a friend I used to work with but as plans changed I have a couple of cards to share with you instead.  This first one was inspired by the challenges at:
Meljen's Designs -  use 3 different shapes


Supplies used:
Everything - Scrap-a-gogo Greeting kit

This next card was inspired by challenges at:
Dutch Dare Challenges - Clean & Simple
Case study - study #13 - those polka dots and the leaves got my going



Supplies used:
Stampes - PTI round and round
Card - PTI perfect Plum
Paper - scrap-a-gogo greeting kit
Plus some nestives and a border punch.


I have some more exciting news but as I'm still pinching myself that it's true I'll leave posting it until I'm completely sure.  But I can say I love my friend Debbie and she has made me feel very special today.
xxx

9 comments:

Anita said...

Very pretty cards. Love the hearts and little tag that you used. Thanks for joining us at MelJen's Designs this week.

Heather P. said...

These cards are so totally CUTE! Love, love, love the green/purple combo on the second card! :)

Anette said...

Both of them verry pretty!! thanks for joining us at DDCC.

Katina said...

Yummy food and even yummier cards Claire! Can't wait to hear what your news is xx

kelly said...

These are stunning,thanks for joining us at DDCC.By the way your pictures of your meal has made me hungry!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the crisp, clean lines and the wonderfully vibrant colors! Sweet sentiments as well! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Sue Kohler said...

These are both super gorgeous, clean and crisp layouts! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE study this week! :)

Marlena Peduzzi said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs.

Nicole said...

Congratulations, Ginger! You are our random winner this week at Meljen's! Please contact me with your THREE digi-picks! Nicole-MD DTC

Stat counter


View My Stats