Saturday, 4 February 2012

Lots of love

With the talk of my sister's wedding later this year and Valentine's gifts lining the shops I couldn't resist making a heart card today.  Having watched the Make It Monday video from Nichole, I had banners in my head and couldn't separate them from an old fashioned tattoo image of a heart with a banner wrapped round it, so here's what I came up with.  I was also inspired by challenges at:
Case study - #76
Daring cardmakers - pink and red
Sweet stampin' blog - the one that I love
One Stop Craft Challenge - for the one I love
The Crafty Pad - show some anniversary/Valentine love
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - hugs and kisses


I love the raised part of the banner - thanks for the tutorial Nichole


Supplies used:
Stamps - lock & key, tag its #11, love & marriage, background basics hearts
Card - core impressions, Kraft core, core essentials from Core'dinations
Inks - dark chocolate, tea dye distress duo, poppy red
Die cuts - eCraft image card, Jen Allyson celebrates, SVG cuts Love me Do

The funny think is that I have no one to send this card to!!  But it's so pretty I'll just pop it on the window sill to look at!!

We have lots of snow here and at the moment it's not stopping!!  House hunting tomorrow might have to go on hold.  Ahhh, the joys of living in the North East.  So I'm off to snuggle up on the sofa with my fluffy slippers and watch some Saturday night TV.  These slippers make me smile every time I put them on!!


Oooooh - as it's Saturday it's also the day for Music Saves my Soul Saturday, over at Marcea's blog.  So here's my choice for this week, the very fabulous Nerina Pallot with her new single, All Bets Are Off.  I get laughed at for listening to radio 2 but it does open my ears to lots of new music, as well as the old stuff!!


Have a lovely evening and stay warm.
Love ya
Ginger xxx

21 comments:

Kim said...

Very cute card. Great idea, I love the little key and lock hanging. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week! Good luck....Kim

Leigh said...

I love your take on the MIM challenge! Beautiful card!

Aimes said...

Your card is soooooooo much prettier than the tattoo image - and your banner looks fabby!
We've got loads of snow here today as well! I definitely think is slipper and sofa weather ;)
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marcea said...

gorgeous card sweetie but even more gorgeous slippers - got some rather similar myself. Fab choice my darling, you keep listening to radio 2 if it means you find gems like this. Sorry I was awol last week - just remembered I didnt reply .... did I?
xxxx

Suzanne Russell said...

Lovely card full of eye-catching details! I love the thought of the old tattoo heart with the ribbon-I think it said "Mom"? LOL Great lounging boots, too! Have a great weekend!

Dolly Mixtures said...

Wow! Love the heart and banner - it is just like a tattoo! I saw Nichole 's demo too but would never have had the ingenuity to use it in this way!

Rein said...

Beautiful card, love t he design!
thanks for joining in at DCM.

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

mixamatoasties said...

Love that, it's fab. Love the banner. That's a thought I had for a golden wedding anniversary card I was making last week. Pity I hadn't seen your blog before then eh?!

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

Susan x

Nadine said...

Love how you've got the banner wrapping around the heart! I {heart} those slippers, looks so fuzzy and cozy!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card - and putting it on the windowsill and enjoying it sounds just the ticket!
Thank you for taking part in The Daring Cardmakers February Colour Combo "Pink and Red" challenge this week.

Katina said...

Have come from FB for a closer look at your card as I love it, and now I love your slippers too, lol!
No snow here, thank goodness!
xx

Miri said...

Hahaha. That's funny! I absolutely agree with the other ladies that your card looks so much better than the actual tatoo =)

Teresa Kline said...

such sweetness, luv this card...hope your week is fantastic!

enjoy *~*

Debby said...

Love the combination of challenges and great banner treatment. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card, your colours are so pretty.

Tamara Morton said...

A very romantic card I love the banners and the colour. Thank you for joining us at SCSC this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Tamara

Curlybear said...

Oh wow such a stunning card and one fabulous use of the Hugs & Kisses theme ,

Thank You so much for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 171 Hugs & Kisses I hope you join us again next week,

Good Luck with the challenge

Have a lovely day,
Hugs Bridget :0) x
SCSC DT

Gez said...

Such a sweet card. Thank you for joining the Daring Cardmakers challenge this week.

Cheryl said...

Great song! It reminds me that I haven't listened to my Nerina Pallot albums in a long time and should give them a fresh listen.

Keilly said...

Gorgeous card, love the key and lock and adore the raised banner. Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

Stat counter


View My Stats