Thursday, 9 February 2012

Pretty Butterflies

Just a couple of butterfly cards to share with you today.  I decided I fancied a little bit of masking and then a little bit turned into a lot on the butterfly frame card!!  The colours were inspired by the todays anniversary challenge over at Papertrey Ink, the colours I picked were those from Dawn McVey, raspberry fizz, rip avocado and berry sorbet.  I'd normally struggle to put those pinks together but with inspiration from Dawn, I got there.


I also used this weeks Make it Monday technique again to make the 2 toned double sided butterfly.


So once I got going I couldn't stop, hence card number 2!!  This was also inspired by the challenges at:
CASE study - #77 for me it was the butterfly and the linked circles that got me thinking and ending up with the strip of butterflies.
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes


Supplies used (all PTI)
Card - ripe avocado, stampers select white
Ink - raspberry fizz, rip avocado and berry sorbet
Stamps - butterfly dreams, happy trails, little labels
Dies - butterfly, happy trails
Sentiment on card 2 - colour couture from Dawn McVey

I had a fabulous time at the Strictly Come Dancing Tour on Tuesday night.  Harry (Judd) and Aliona were out of this world, but Chelsee and Pasha and Jason and Kristina also danced beautifully.  As for Nancy - the less said the better!!  As for the judges, they were hilarious and it was great to see them on the dance floor too.


Right must dash, got lots to do at work.
Love ya
Ginger
xxx

7 comments:

Lucy said...

you are on a bloggy roll, my lovely :) Keep it coming :) L xxxx

Katina said...

WOW!! These are beautiful! I don't think I could have put those colours together - you've done a great job!

Glad you enjoyed Strictly. I'm not going this year :(
xx

~ Ali ~ said...

Both stunners...drooling over the colours simply delish...glad you had a fabby time :O)

MWah

ali

P.S you blogging at work?? lol

Ardyth said...

Love this clean and simple take on a very, very complex inspiration piece!

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous butterfly cards - thank you for joining in with this weeks challenge at Papertake Weekly, Mary G x

Aimes said...

Fabulous cards, Claire! Your work with those butterflies is amazing!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Maureen said...

oh, I adore Dawn's work and adore this card!! What sweet butterflies! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Stat counter


View My Stats