Saturday 15 January 2011

Winter Walking

Whoosh, who stole this week!  It's been another hectic but fabulous week.  I've been up in the North East as we've lots of planning to do in the office.  I've caught up with friends, managed to go dancing, been cooked for and generally had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
This weekend I've escaped to Hucklow in Derbyshire to go Winter Walking.  It's fabulous as I get to spend time with some of my favourite friends, Gwyneth and her hubby Robert and Archi (with her broken arm) and her hubby Ian.



It's been food for the soul being out in the fresh air today.



So what do you do after walking?  Make cards of course!  This one was inspired by the challenges at:

Chicken soup - recipe #24 - the sunburst shape inspired me to use this cute pleated embellishment
 Meljen's Designs - square or round card
Paper Cutz - tags



Supplies used
Papers and embellishment - Scrap-a-gogo greetings kit
Stamps - just the ticket (PTI)
Ink - chocolate brown, Hawaiian shores, orange zest

This card was inspired by the challenge at:
Secret crafter challenge - with love - these colours just scream love to me


Supplies used:
Paper - in bloom (PTI)
Stamps - round & round (PTI)
Ink - true black (PTI)
Felt - true black (PTI)
Dies - PTI
Punch - Martha Stewart

So I'm off to bed now as it's up early for more walking tomorrow.
I hope you're having a great start to 2011, I know I am.
xxx

6 comments:

GlitteryKatie said...

*waves* looks like you had a fab time- One armed crafting for archie!!!

downrightcrafty said...

Such a gorgeous creation and an unusual interpretation of the theme , thank you for sharing it with us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

Curly said...

Wow fabulous card and great colour combo,
thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 117: With Love,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Lauretta See said...

very nice cards, thank you for joining us this week on the MELJENS challenge. Best of luck! xx

Anonymous said...

Ginger it was an ace weekend and greatto spend time together. Thank you for looking after Mr Archi on the long walk, he had a great time. Looking forward to next year already...maybe it will rain a little less.
Love Archi x

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - love the red & black colour combo!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Stat counter


View My Stats