Friday 3 February 2012

A Vintage Affair

The lovely girlies over at A Passion for Papertrey have had me scratching my head since they launched their latest challenge.  Why making a card on a favourite book should be so tough I don't really know, but to be true to myself I can't just pick any book it has to be one that I really do love.  So eventually I settled on A Vintage Affair, by Isabel Wolff.  So here's the card I came up with. I was also inspired by challenges at:
A Passion for Papertrey - inspired by a book
Charisma Cardz - Vintage
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - diamonds or pearls - it's got to be pearls to add that extra something to a project



Supplies used (Papertrey Ink where not specified)

Card - kraft 
Paper - turning a new leaf
Stamps - background basics text style, sentiment from enjoy the ride
Ink - vintage cream, dark chocolate, vintage touch tea dye duo
Dies - filigree border, signature series dress form, layerz mat stack 4
Embossing folder - script by cuttlebug

So as if this week couldn't get any better, look what turned up in the post today.  A pair of gorgeous navy hand warmers lovingly knitted by the very talented Linda Hill.  Not only can she colour and paint to the most amazing standards, she knits too.  Thank you so much Linda, they couldn't have turned up at a better time, as it's a little chilly up here today.




I was also the lucky random winner over at Inspiration Card Sketches #148.  I'm a bit scared of next week as after a week that's been so good, it can only go downhill!!

So what does the weekend bring for you, for me it's more house hunting, a little bit of work and hopefully some time to craft.  Have a great weekend.

Love ya

Ginger

xxx

8 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Oh now this is delish!! Love the vintagey feel to it and loving those warmers :O)

Have a fab weekend my lovely Claire

Ali x

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful Card. Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Mayol said...

Lovely card! i like the embossing and the soft colors.

Caryn said...

This is fabulous Claire - so girly! Thanks for joining us at APFP.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Aimes said...

It wasn't our intention to have you scratching your head at our challenge! Honest!
Your cards are oh-so-pretty and I love how you rocked the vintage style!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Leah l'Orange said...

these are lovely! (the cards, AND those gorje handwarmers - you lucky girl!) the dress form is fantastic, and i love how clean and simple these cards turned out. just the right amount of detail and the perfect colour palette! thanks so much for sharing them with the Charisma Galz this week, and good luck!

Brandi said...

Fabulous! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge this week! :)

Create It Simply said...

Great take on the sketch :) Thanks for joining us for the CPS 5th Anniversary celebration

Stat counter


View My Stats