Monday 13 December 2010

Floral festivities

Today I've been learning how to make a festive hanging basket.  It was my Christmas present from Anna and we've had a fabulous day.  Look at the beautiful setting, it was at The Wheatsheaf at Oaksey.


Nikki our tutor, made random look so easy!


Anna & I with our finished baskets, they were huge - now how am I getting that back to Manchester!


After the workshop it was time for lunch, which was spiced fish and chips.


Followed by chocolate & orange mousse with a hazelnut and chocolate biscuit - delicious.


 After that it was back to Anna's to open Christmas presents.  Look at my cute new slipper socks, they've a gorgeous pink flower on the back too and little pearls - I love them.  You remember that the dress I'm wearing was given to me by one of the ladies at Craftaganza and so the giving continues as I've left the dress with Anna.


So of course we crafted, so here's a couple of cards.  This one was inspired by challenges at:
Papercutz - challenge #71, snowflakes
Chicken soup - the 6th day of Christmas - baubles
Stamp with fun - Christmas
ABC challenges - J is for Jewels


Supplies used:
All items from Papertrey Ink
Card - plum pudding and Hawaiian shores
Stamps - fancy flourishes, Christmas tags 2009
Ink - plum pudding

This card was inspired by challenges at:
Pink Elephant - winter wonderland
Cupcake Challenges - non-traditional Christmas


Supplies used:
Paper - My Minds Eye
Stamps - Christmas Tags 2009
Punch - Martha Stewart

So that's my adventures over for a few days and I'm heading back home at silly o'clock in the morning, ready for getting back to work.
xxx

7 comments:

Jeri said...

What a darling snowflake card. I love the jewels in the center and the way they hang. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz.

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,
What fabulous baskets and what a brilliant idea for a present!! Love the slipper socks too. Your cards are gorgeous, especially the first one. Both so modern and stylish. xx

Liza said...

Fabulous work, I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Sarah Keerie said...

Exceedingly scrummy Miss G xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Claire, what a fantastic card. I love the CAS layout and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Highland Monkey's said...

Looks like you had a fab day out. Could do with those slipper socks right now, temp -12 up here in Scotland!

Lyzzydee said...

They are whopping big baskets, ver nice!!!

Stat counter


View My Stats