Wednesday 18 July 2012

Getting messy

I'd forgotten quite how much fun getting inky was!!  The Stretch your Stamps class has had me getting my distress inks out as well as my Luminarte Colour concentrate misters.  But before we get to that, there's one more card from day one of the class and it included stamping on acetate which is an absolute breeze using rock-a-blocks as you don't get that slidey thing going on.  Thanks to Amber Daigre for the technique and inspiration for this one - I am super happy with the way it turned out.  I also used inspiration from Kristina from Day 8 label stamps.


Then on to inkiness!  I love the way you can go from a plain piece of water colour card with some ink to this:


add a collage stamp, some clear embossing powder and dusty concord distress ink and you this:


Put it all together with a piece of embossed card and a couple of tags die cut from the watercolour paper and you get this:


Ta da!!

I've still got so much I want to do from this class but I'm loving everything I've had a go at so far.  It's mainly my PTI stamps I've been using, along with the heart collage stamp that I've had for so long, I have no idea where it's from.

Two blog posts in a week, now that's a first in a long time.  What's the betting the next one will be in November!!
Love ya
Ginger
xxx

2 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Two lovely cards; so totally different. The last one is amazing.

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful cards and love how they are so different for each other

Stat counter


View My Stats