Friday 1 October 2010

New Monthly Challenge

As it's the 1st of the month it's time for the challenge over at Crafter's Companion.  It's a sketch challenge with the optional theme of non-traditional Christmas.


I'm loving the Beatrix Potter Card kit so much I decided to use what I'd got left to make this card.  As the cards in the kit are double sided I cut up the card blanks to use as patterned papers.  I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
One stop craft challenge - snowflakes in September
Creative Card Crew - blooming marvelous


And as I'd got the kit out, I made another quick card.  This is just one of the card blanks cut in half and matted onto a white card blank, with a couple of the gorgeous rub-ons applied.
My top tip for rub-ons - if you really get it wrong a glue dot eraser will remove most rub-ons.  I haven't had to use it with these as they've worked perfectly everytime.
This card was inspired by the challenges at:
Just inspirational - Christmas
Charisma Cardz - Christmas crafting

I'm off to my demonstration in Stalybridge today, so a whole day of crafting and meeting fellow crafters - I love my job.
xxx

7 comments:

Anne said...

Both fab cards Claire
Anne xx

PatR said...

Lovely Claire. Have a good weekend
xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

2 beautiful cards!
hugs and xxx

Gem said...

really sweet! Thanks for joining in this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

Tracy said...

Beautiful cards! Great use of those card blanks for your background papers. They're very pretty. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Inspirational!

Unknown said...

Claire I love it. I keep meaning to join in Crafters Companion CH but keep forgetting, I'll do this month. I LOVE Peter Rabbit/BP CDs got all of 'em
Thanks playing along with Just Inspirational this week.
hugs
Ildiko

Daniele said...

thanks for joining us at JIC with your lovely card
hugs

Stat counter


View My Stats