Tuesday 20 April 2010

Crazy volcano

Can you believe that the erupting volcano in Iceland is still affecting flights - it's crazy!  Let's just hope it's cleared by May when I'm due to go to France :)
So the ash cloud isn't really changing the weather here and it was clear and dry this morning, so I decided to walk to the sorting office before work.  It's a 3 mile round trip, so that's my steps done for the day.  Better than that my Scrap-a-go-go card kit was waiting at the sorting office for me - happy days.
I haven't played with my kit yet, I'm saving that for tomorrow night but I have made a couple of cards for a couple of challenges:
The challenge over at A Passion for Papertrey this fortnight is pretty petals so which set did I dig out ... Wishing You of course.  I don't think I'll ever tire of this tulip.  Stamping it in blue was a new one for me though.  I love blue and brown together.


Ahhh, bliss.  I had to send my Ultimate Pro and sping embossing boards off to a magazine the other week so was without mine for a whole week.  Luckily being in the office last week meant I got to pick up a new one, so I was able to play tonight.  How else would you celebrate a birthday but with cake and with that in mind I'm entering this into the challenge over at A Spoonful of Sugar.  Happy 40th Birthday Debbie - she set the challenge this week and as it's her birthday she wanted to see some birthday cards, so this one is especially for her.


My last card for tonight is for Quixotic Challenges with the theme of heavy metal.  My metal element is the hope brad.  These lovely papers are from Thrift Shop range from October Afternoon.  I was lucky enough to be given them at CHA - thank you guys, you make me giggle.  Those of you with beady eyes might also notice that the decorative edges are from a brand new Tim Holtz Sizzix Die.  I'm sure pretty cards aren't what he invisaged whilst designing the die but I love it and I'm sure it'll be on a few more cards very soon.

3 comments:

Aimes said...

Gorgeous Cards! Thanks so much for joining in our challenge on A Passion for Papertrey! You've got me 'needing' that Life set now LOL! A gorgeous colour combo too btw, I love blue and brown together too - so calming and stylish at the same time!
Aimes
x

Daniela F. said...

Beautiful cards, Ginger! Thanks for reminding me to ink up my Wishing You set again soon :) I agree it's beautiful and so pretty in your brown and blue color combo. Have fun playing with your card kit!

Ann said...

Oh lovely! You've used my current favourite PTI set! I love it in blue!

Stat counter


View My Stats