Friday 25 June 2010

Back to Rome


After packing up at the house and returning the car (goodbye Mr Multipla!) we had an uneventful trip back to Rome and checked back in to the lovely Hotel Marghera.  As we wanted to get over to the Vatican City we decided to go on an open topped bus tour.  It's a lovely way to see a city that has so much to take in and it stops you spending too much in the shops too.  I've already bought a new dress and 2 pairs of shoes this holiday.

Anna & I on the bus listening in to the city guide - you get to learn lots.


St Peter's Basilica


St Peter's Square


Inside the Basilica.  It's truly opulent - too much for my liking.  I find it hard to see a church with so much money  then see so much poverty in the world, it just doesn't add up in my head.

One of the Swiss Guards


Gwyneth out on our balcony at the hotel


My last supper in Rome - gorgeous taglietelle with porcini mushrooms.  I definitely chose best that night with aubergine parmigiana to start with and this pasta to follow.  It's a good job I share my food.



For dessert I went for Tiramisu which our very funny waiter brought 3 spoons for - 1 for me, 1 for Anna and a large spoon for himself!  Not that we were sharing our dessert any further than the two of us.


Goodnight Rome.
xxx

No comments:

Stat counter


View My Stats