Tuesday 22 June 2010

Firenze

Another train adventure today - we went off to Florence or as the Italians call it Firenze.  You need to know these things or you'll never find Florence!
We're glad we did find it as it's a beautiful city and we enjoyed our day there exploring the Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, the statue of David, the Fountain of Neptune and the Ponte Vecchio.  There's so much more to see and it's definitely a city that's on my must go back to list.
You get glimpses of the Duomo from all over the city and can't help but be drawn towards it.  For me the inside doesn't live up to the outside but I'm still glad I went in.


Can you imagine if it was this beautiful on the inside.

Michelangelo's David - well the replica that sits in Piazza della Signoria


Ponte Vecchio


Il Porcellino (Italian "piglet") is the local Florentine nickname for the bronze fountain of a boar.  You have to put a coin in his mouth and let it drop into the grating below for good luck and rub his snout (which is why it's so shiny) to ensure a return to Florence.


Ice cream - the way only the Italians can do it!


So after a day in Florence a relaxing evening of crafting was in order.  This first card was inspired by the challenge at:
Everybody art challenge - pink and green - and in my case a little bit of orange


This one was inspired by the challenge at:
Papertake Weekly - sketch challenge


This little one was inspired by the challenge at:
A Spoonful of Sugar - Good luck/Best wishes
I love making little best wishes cards just to send to friends to make them smile 

Lastly if a little unseasonal this one is for the challenge at:
My Time to Craft - Yuletide in June
I try to keep my Christmas cards quite simple as I make quite a few.


Let's hope this bit of Christmas doesn't scare away the sun.
xxx

1 comment:

Jo said...

Love the colour combo on your Christmas card. Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o)

Stat counter


View My Stats