Sunday 26 September 2010

What a weekend!

We had a fabulous time at the cheese festival but all that cheese leaves you with a cracking hangover!  OK, that could have been the copious amounts of local cider that I had!  The weather couldn't have been more perfect and there was a great group of us, in the fabulous setting of Cardiff Castle.  Role call from left to right, Stevie, JP, Emma, Neil, Denise, Ian, Debs, Rob and me.


Here's Jo & Ian with the biggest cheeseboard I've ever seen.


We went a did a masterclass where we got to mix and match different cheeses with different drinks.  It was worth going to just to discover Marks & Spencer Pink Port!


We found some people playing conkers and they very kindly let us join in.


There was so much more, as we went to Cardiff Bay after the festival.  But as it was rather alcohol charged I'm not sure some of those photos are for sharing!  I can tell you that there were cocktails, a gay stag do (good luck Christine and Linda), a meeting with some people from Essex, much dancing before an adventure to get back to Tonypandy!

We made it back home today via one of my customers and our local Italian restaurant.  As I've not crafted for a few days I felt the need to make a couple of cards before I went to bed.  I'm loving white on white just now.
This one was inspired by challenges at:
Chicken soup - recipe #13
Colour create - all white
Charisma cardz - anything goes


Supplies used:
Nestabilites
Swiss dots embossing folder
Cuttlebug butterfly die and embossing folder
Stamps - everyday button bits from PTI

This one was inspired by challenges at:
Allsorts - plain & simple


Supplies used:
Sizzix embossing folder
Stampin' up butterfly punch
Stamp - giga guide lines by PTI

Hopefully my hangover will be completely gone by tomorrow and my body will no longer ache.  I'm definitely getting too old for a big party night!
xxx

7 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Beautiful cards ...missed you yesterday :(

♥Gemma♥ said...

Hi
Its sounds like you had a fab time!
I love your cards they are gorgeous and like the idea of white on white!
hugs and xxx

Gem said...

beautiful creations, I love the butterfly! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

Fleur said...

Your cards are stunning
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great Cards, just perfect for this weeks challenge!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Mina said...

fabulous cards Claire, looks like you had a brill time at the festival...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Chicken Soup said...

Such pretty cards as always x

Stat counter


View My Stats