Saturday 12 April 2008

Lord of the Rings

Straight after we finished for the day at the Big Stamp and Scrapbook Show, at Alexander Palace, we rushed back to the hotel for a quick change before heading out to Covent Garden. We had an early dinner at Oops, a lovely Spanish restaurant just opposite the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, then it was over the road to watch Lord of the Rings. As I haven't see the films or read the books I was a bit unsure as to whether I'd enjoy it or not. All I can say is wow! I was totally mesmerised and loved every minute of it.

It's a complete spectacular from start to finish. The theatre is done out to look like middle earth (see I'm into the terminology and everything now) and the stage is a magical feat of engineering. Combine that with an amazing cast that not only sing but many of them are acrobats too.



The Orks were scary but you couldn't help but be amazed at the way they moved around the stage.



Thank you for organising such a great night out girls - I loved it.

No comments:

Stat counter


View My Stats