Saturday 1 May 2010

Creative in Caversham

This weekend I'm lucky enough to be visiting the Harper Household in Caversham, Reading.  It means I get to sit at their dining table and craft with my lovely friend Jean and be fed and watered by her wonderful husband Richard and entertained by their fabulous son Nick.
Whilst Jean was busy scrapbooking the school theatre productions, I got on with some homework - articles for magazines.  But once I'd finished that I had time to make a couple of cards.
This one was inspired by the sketch challenge at Totally Papercrafts.  As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to make a card that opened at an unusual angle.  The little birdie is stamped and then paper-pieced.



Then I decided to have some fun with some shaped easel cards.  These were inspired by challenges at:
Meljen's Designs - show us your shape
Allsorts - animals
Daring Cardmakers - shaped easel card




Jean and I also found time in between the rain to have a visit to a local craft fair, where as well as buying a new jumper I also got to meet Oscar the Owl!



Happy Bank Holiday weekend bloggers xxx

7 comments:

Lythan said...

those shaped easel cards are so creative! thanks for playing along with DCM this week:)

Sue said...

hi Claire
looks like you had great weekend, gorgeous cards,fabby ribbon detail, luv the shaped easel card thats brill, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Cheryl said...

What fun cards! Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Designs challenge. We hope you will join us again.

Lynda said...

Your easel cards are truly inspirational - love them both! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

merniebug said...

Aren't these just the cutest. Thanks for joining us here at Meljen's Designs for this weeks shaped card challenge. Mel

Sprytebyrd said...

WoW! Those easel cards are just the cutest!
Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!! Good Luck on the challenge!
♥Dee (Spryte)♥

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards :-) I love your take on the sketch ! brilliant ! the animal shaped easel cards are just gorgeous too :-)

thanks for joining the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

the owl is impressive eh ! what a gorgeous bird ! :-)

Stat counter


View My Stats