Thursday 13 May 2010

One for the Boys


Even at home there's always a little adventure around every corner.  Today it was a power outage!  I'm sitting doing some work when all of a sudden the phone goes dead (it's linked through the broadband), the computer goes a little dimmer and all the burglar alarms in the street go off!  A quick call (we have a normal phone too) to our electricity supplier to find out it's a high power voltage outage and will take until 9:30 pm to sort out - it's now 5:30pm.  I've decided I wouldn't like to live in olden days - no lights, no kettle, no microwave, no computer, no TV, no internet!  Sorry Leann but you'll have to go to Candleford on your own.  Crafting by candlelight is just too high risk for a messy creation like me.
So what to do with no electricity.  I went for a walk to get some matches so at least I could light the gas.  By the time I got back the electric was back on - phew, I could make my dinner and more importantly watch American Idol and do some crafting.
After the excitement some colouring in was called for, so out came Popcorn the Bear and my Copic Ciao markers.  I thought I'd get ahead and make some Father's Day cards.
This first card was inspired by challenges at:
Cute Card Thursday - Someone Special
Clean & Simples #89 - I turned this sketch 180 degrees


I coloured 2 images just in case but as I was happy with both I made a second card.  This time the inspiration came from:
A Spoonful of Sugar - recipe - 3 designer papers and 3 buttons
Stampin' for the weekend - a card for a male

4 comments:

PatR said...

Fabulous cards beautifully coloured. I love Popcorn.
Pat xx

Marley said...

Beautiful card!! Hugs xx Marley

Gunn (Merete) said...

Beautiful cards. Love the bright and happy colors on your last card.
This bear is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
*Gunn*

Annie said...

a gorgeous card and such a cute image (I have this stamp but it hasn't seen ink yet!). thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Stat counter


View My Stats