Wednesday 12 May 2010

Pretty Things

Having Monday off has completely thrown me, I have no idea what day it is!  Also Steve came home last night, which was a nice surprise but threw me as I though he wasn't home until Friday!  He's gone off to Bristol this morning, so I'm home alone tonight, which means I get to play with paper and glue.  What a lovely time I've had.
This card was inspired by challenges at:
The Secret Crafter - recipe challenge - 3 embellishments, 2 papers, 1 image
MelJen's Designs - Flower's and Blooms


I had great fun with this card playing with my new Silkies.  There's beautiful little paints with lots of cool properties.  They've got mica powders in so dry with a pearlised finish.  The flowers and birds were done with just dabbing the silkies over a template - very pretty.
This card was inspired by challenges at:
2 sketches for you - sketch challenge, I turned it on it's side


I love the colours on this card.  The yellow and grey colour scheme has been all over magazines lately and although I'm a little late to the table, I've started to get it!  It's so delicate.  In real life the yellow is more buttery - I'm so rubbish at this photography lark.  I really am a point and click girl.
This card was inspired by challenges at:
Quixotic Challenges - let your garden grow - use DIY flowers on your card/project
ABC Challenge - U is for Unused stash (I could have made hundreds of cards for this!)
The Pink Elephant - Yellow, Designer Paper and Buttons


I hope you've had a good Wednesday - I think it's Wednesday!!

12 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi! Three lovely cards hear, but my fave is the first one! Gorgeous pink, cute little heart and sentiment and the buttons are adorable! Glad you could join in with us at Cupcake! Hugs Shelly ;)

Sylvia said...

Your cards are great! Just lovely.

PatR said...

Great cards Claire, very pretty.
Pat xx

cnelson said...

Such lovely cards!! LOVE them all!

Welcome! said...

What a pretty card! I love the clear buttons! Thanks for joining us at TPE!

Unknown said...

lovely cards - I especially love the stamp on the second one
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Liza said...

Great work, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love your hand made flowers! Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Designs challenge. We hope you will join us again.

Lisa Summerhays said...

Love all your cards but especially the bright pink one. Fantastic!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Three beautiful cards! I love them all, especially the paper flower you made. I love making paper flowers. Thanks for the great idea! And thanks so much for playing with us at The Pink Elephant!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful cards! Love them all!
Thanks so much for joining us in our "Flowers & Blooms" challenge at Meljen's Designs!! Good Luck!
♥Dee (Spryte)♥

Lisa said...

Great colors! Thanks for joining MelJen's Challenge this week:)

Stat counter


View My Stats