Sunday 15 August 2010

Chilling Out

The boys have been off fishing today, so that meant Jo and I headed off to the pool for a swim.  We walked there and back, so that was our exercise done for the day.  How cool is that pool, and it's so warm it's like swimming in a bath tub.


After that we headed off to Armand's Circle, Sarasota for some lunch.  It's got great views and the food at Tommy Bahama's was awesome (you have to use the word awesome whilst in the US!)


I had a great steak salad and Jo had pulled pork, with onions and fries.


To work off at least some of the calories we had a walk down Lido Beach - even the sand is hot.

Here's the boys on their fishing ship, they caught shark, mackerel, red fish, sea trout, cat fish and lots more.  Steve's never been fishing before and his first catch was a shark!

  

 I had time to make one quick card, which was inspired by the challenge at:
Colour Create - Ivory, Duck Egg Blue & one other colour - in my case - brown


So you might think that was it for the day, but no there's evening yet.  We headed down to Siesta Key beach around 7 to go to the drum circle.  It's got a great vibe to it and everyone is welcome to get up and dance or just sit and watch.  We took along some beers and the cutest individual pink wine for me.  I managed to borrow a hula hoop - you know me I was born to join in.


I love this photo of Jo & Ian and the moon.


The drum circle itself - yes I was up at the front dancing


We stayed until the sun was nearly gone and headed into town for a few drinks.


All I can say is that I think this raspberry martini was my downfall!


So it's been a fabulous day, I wonder what adventures tomorrow holds.
xxx

3 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, this looks just like a perfect holiday!! Hope there will be lots and lots more fun to enjoy for you!!

Hugs, Wendy

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a great time you're having! The photos look amazing. Love your card too and it's a lovely use of the challenge colours.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Julie said...

Great interpretation of the photo for our challenge at Colour Create! Gorgeous card! Great piccies too! Juleix

Stat counter


View My Stats