Monday 16 August 2010

More food and more relaxing

I'm loving being on holiday and have relaxed into holiday mode very quickly.  We started the day with a walk (the boys took the bikes) and a swim (I managed 60 lengths this morning).


We popped out to Sharkey's at Venice for lunch, which meant a couple of cocktails too.  I was loving the Mango Bango and my Grouper with Macadamia crust topping with cocunet shrimp was totally yummy.


After walking along the pier we headed back via the supermarket.  I love that you can buy Beringer White Zinfandel in very large bottles!!
Now back to food again - tonight we had some of the fish the boys caught, we started with sea trout bites and then followed with mackerel (not oily like ours is) and shark with salad and rice.  Sorry about the half eaten plate of food photo but it was so good I nearly forgot to take the picture!


I even had time for some cardmaking today.  This first one was inspired by challenges at:
Crazy 4 Challenges - music - well as I have limited supplies I went for a song title and it's Let's Go Fly a Kite
Allsorts - paper piecing - look closely at the kite.
I used Kaisercraft Lush 6" x 6" paper pad and my Up, Up  & Away stamp set from Papertrey Ink


This next one was inspired by the challenge at:
Clean & Simple - Sketch #103
Saturday challenge - what are little girls made of
There's a mixture of Papertrey Ink stamps here - the swirl is from the Fancy Flourishes set and the text is from Up, Up  & Away and the paper is from the In Bloom paper pad - isn't it gorgeous.


Next up we have a card inspired by challenge at:
Get Sketchy - Sketch #51 and it's a fab sketch
The Pink Elephant - ribbon & sparkles
I think this card is my favourite from today's card making adventure. I used more of the lovely In Bloom paper pack from Papertrey Ink and the felt flowers are from Stamin' Up


Another sketch challenge inspired this card:
 Card Patterns - sketch 77
I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I run out of In Bloom paper!

One last one for tonight.  A little dinky card inspired by the challenges at:
Cupcake Craft - recipe - 2 papers, 2 flowers, 2 ribbons
The Crafty Pad - Glitz & Glitter


To get ready for our trip to the baseball tomorrow we watched some on TV tonight, as I was crafting I'm guessing I'll have very little idea of what's going on, but that's how things quite often are in my world anyway!!
xxx

8 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Ginger

Great selection of cards adn pleased you are having a good holiday.

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

p.d Did you know we have a DT call at http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/



http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Great entry for our Two's challenge...thanks for joining in with our birthday celebrations at Cupcake Craft Challenge and good luck in the draw for the fab prizes on offer! Donna x

Faye said...

These are all gorgeous cards, I love the colours you've used. Thanks so much for joining in with our birthday celebrations this week at Cupcake. xx (Enjoy the rest of your hols)

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful cards!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous selection ofcards great choice of images.

Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs Kirsten...x

Victoria said...

what a fab selection of cards - crafting on holiday too, that;s impressive!

Thanks for joining in the Birthday fun over at Cupcake
hugs
Victoria
x

scotspanda said...

wow what a fabulous holiday....a pool and crafting too!!

love all the cards you've made the colours are so holiday ish lol

thanks for joining in with the Allsorts fun this week

Amanda xx

Debbie said...

Great cards - ove the glitz and glitter one. :)
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)

xxDebbiexx

Stat counter


View My Stats