Sunday 22 August 2010

Complete Chillout

As today was our last full day we spent it just chilling out at the house.  I think we'd done so much earlier in the week we just needed to chill.  Although the weather was a little iffy we decided to head to Siesta Key to see if the drum circle was on and it was.  As we were there early we got to see the opening dancing and I even got a flower for my hair.  As it began to rain we decided to head into town and for some dinner.



We headed for the Hub and had a great dinner.  We started with the nachos as an appetizer as well as it being gorgeous it was huge!


Fish tacos for Steve and grilled talapia for me to follow -yum.

As it had been a relaxing day I've made a couple of cards:
This first one was inspired by challenges at:
Saturday challenge - blue and cream


This next card was inspired by the challenge at:
Get Sketchy - sketch #52
Most of the supplies for this card are from the Kaiser Craft Le Chateau 6 x 6 pad - can you tell it's my new favourite.


This last one was inspired by challenges at:
Allsorts - minature 3"
The Crafty Pad - 1 Circle, 2 Squares and 3 Brads or Buttons
Get Sketchy - sketch #52 - I loved the sketch so much I had to use it again but this time turned it 180 degrees.
Back to my Papertrey Ink goodies for this one.


In the morning I'll have to pack up my crafting goodies along with my clothes and get back to reality!  Don't worry I'll still enjoy every moment that's left of my holiday.
So "Cheers" as I raise yet another glass of White Zinfandel.
xxx

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohh fabby cards..love the photos too xx

Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Unknown said...

Ginge, my lovely, I am curious to know how big the suitcase was that you took with you as you have made so many cards!1 I have all my stuff here and have not made a single one all week! Glad you have had such a lovely time :D

L xx

Nicki said...

Oh my word! the size of that dinner!!! its unbelievable!
love that orange on that dress, what a gorgous colour!
Love the cards, stunning as always!
take care
Nicki
x

Kathy said...

Fab photos and fab cards. Love those dangly heart buttons in particular!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards as usual Claire. Love the photos too - feel like I'm there with you (wish!) x

Tamie said...

Looks like you had an amazing time, your photos are great. Your cards super cute too! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stmapin' this week.

Tamie - GDT

maxine said...

Fantastic cards thanks for joining us at The crafty pad this week.

Suzi Mac said...

Looks like you had an absolute ball. Love your cards. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Jo said...

Blimey! I can't get over the size of your meal!! looks so fresh and yummy though.
Beautiful cards, Thank you for playing along with us at sweet stampin
Jo xx

Unknown said...

OMG how big was that meal? lol
All your cards are stunning, i especially love the use of the twine for the stem of the flower!
Fab take on Jo's sketch this week
Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin, hope to see you back again soon
love emma xxx

Debbie said...

Oh wonderful makes - just adore the button card - great idea. Thanks for entering it into the Crafty Pad challenge. :)

xxDebbiexx

scotspanda said...

lovin all your projects Ginger they are all gorgeous. your minaiture card for my challenge is so cute!

thanks so much for taking up my challenge at Allsorts

Amanda xx

Stat counter


View My Stats