Sunday 1 August 2010

Going home

Today we're packing and going home.  The best bit about packing when you're leaving a craft event is looking at all your fabulous goodies.
Here's my bag full off stuff!


My PTI goodies - yes I am totally in love with everything they do and the people who do it.  There's only 6 sets of stamps, 3 paper pads, 4 dies, 2 rolls of twine and one card pack!  I thought I was quite conservative considering the amount of gorgeous stuff they make.  Oh and not pictured are some of the slim note books they do for a project and some of their free notebooks and pens too!


Next up are goodies from Kaiser Crafts.  Gorgeous 6 x 6 paper pads, little tags, rub-ons, stickers, stamps and not pictured lots of card and envelope packs and the most gorgeous little tree.  I'll photograph that when I'm home.  Also I got my hands on the last 6 months of their magazines too - lots of inspiration.

How gorgeous are these papers from October afternoon.  I love them all but especially Very Merry the new Christmas collection and Seaside, although School Days is up there too.  I just love the whole feel of their lines it's modern with a vintage twist - totally yummy.
 

Some alphabet stickers from the gorgeous girls at My Little Shoebox.  There's fabulous for journalling and terrific for cardmaking due to their cute size.



It wasn't quite all for me, I'm bringing some stamps home for my lovely friend Gwyneth and did play nice and split my goodies with my fabulous room mate and friend Leann.  I'm sure there's some more stuff but I'll let you know when I get home and empty my case.  Let's just hope that it isn't too heavy when I check in.  Paper is heavy!!

As today is the first it's also the day for the new Challenge at Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge Blog.  Here's this month's sketch:
 
 Here's what I did with it, also inspired by challenges at:
Sir Stampalot  - bring on the bling
 Dutch Dare Challenges - anything goes


A close up of those lovely layered flowers, printed from the SWALK CD, embellished with a little bling.


We had time for one last meal before we left for the airport.  Talapia with potatoes and veggies, which was lovely but very slow in coming to the table.  As it was so slow we all got a free dessert and it would have been rude not to have one, wouldn't it?


Yummmmm - cheesecake!


On our way to the airport.  Even the minibus from the hotel was flashy!

Goodbye Chicago - it's been a blast.
xxx

9 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Claire
Thanks for comment on my blog...i have met you loads of times at the trade nec...ally pally ...i know Jane Nestorenko....i live in Gibraltar...can you remember or is my pickie to old Lol.....looks as if you had a fab time... LIKE THE TINY ALPHAS FROM SHOEBOX ...do they sell them on line
Hugs
sylvie xx

PinksyDoodles said...

This is such a pretty card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sir Stampalot challenge this month.
Clare x

Lelia Pierce said...

CLAIRE! I came to find you as promised in Chicago! It was so much fun chatting with you and the rest of the team that came to CHA! I can't wait to play with my new Popcorn Bear stamps!

Your card is too cute...love the window! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Anita said...

Hi Claire! :) I just met you the other day at CHA, and you were such a doll! The people at your booth were so friendly and sweet. Just wanted to say hi!

Crafty hugs,
Anita

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Preeeeettttttyyyyyyy! Enjoy playing with the new stash. :D

pinky said...

This is gorgeous, just got my stamps and cd so hope to have a play. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot bling challenge.
Pinky

chris said...

Bimey such an interesting blog its all going on the food looks yummy the stash looked even more yummy and the card even more so. thanks for joining us in the sir stampalot
challenge.

Francesca said...

your card is beautiful,Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Hugs
Francesca

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Stat counter


View My Stats